At AVA, our lead appraiser Tom Cook, is a Master Certified Machinery and Equipment Appraiser (MCMEA) which, is a designation that few in the country hold. Tom is one of an elite and seasoned group of appraisers who have attained many years of specialized knowledge, training and expertise. He has an enhanced level of education, experience, knowledge and has completed hundreds of professional assignments in order to receive this designation.
Tom also holds the designation of Small Business Analyst (SBA) entitling him to conduct business valuations and financial analysis for small, medium and large companies and is your assurance that you will receive an accurate valuation of your business.
AVA adheres to the guidelines of the “Code of Ethics and Competency Appraiser Awareness Program” to assure you that our appraisals are substantiated, accurate, irrefutable and defensible. Our appraisals will withstand scrutiny. We are committed to preserving the public trust.
We comply with these strict points:
- Ethical Obligations – CMEA’s uphold the ethics and reporting of USPAP
- Advocacy Only for the Appraisal – CMEA’s are advocates of the appraisal, not of any person or entity
- Certification – CMEA’s undergo extensive training and testing to earn the professional credential of CMEA (Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser)
- Defensible Appraisal – A Certified Appraisal by a Certified Machinery & Equipment Appraiser (CMEA) is backed by ethics, reporting, and substantiation. A CMEA’s defensible appraisal will withstand scrutiny.
AVA follows the USPAP valuation standards of high quality, straightforward, principle-based standards that establish a high level of professional practice, engender public trust and enable valuers and the public to better understand the valuation. All of the USPAP standards were jointly developed with major appraisal organizations throughout the United States.
USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) is a set of national standards that is applicable for most U.S. appraisals. USPAP is developed by the Appraisal Standards Board (ASB) of the Appraisal Foundation.
- Standard A establishes requirements for the development of an appraisal.
- Standard B establishes requirements for the development of a review.
- Standard C establishes requirements for the reporting of an appraisal or review.
AVA is a proud member of the NEBB Institute with over 450 members worldwide. A CMEA and MCMEA designation means that you have received vigorous training and have obtained specialized knowledge and experience.
The NEBB Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
AVA Analysts have completed extensive training to become a small business analyst and receive the designation of SBA (Small Business Analyst). This designation assures you that your business will receive an accurate valuation.